Level 2 Water
Please select and pay for this lesson ONLY once you have been confirmed for a specific class.
The sign up form for notifications of lessons is located here: Signup Here
An IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization)certified course that teaches water re/starts with the board, board riding, board control, speed control, some relevant theory, and more...
The course is taught at a lake using appropriately sized kites depending on the wind speed and students size / capability.
The purpose of this class is to get the student comfortably riding a board with a full size kite, able to confidently maneuver the board to control power and direction, and to understand right of way rules and general kiteboarding etiquette.
This is the material that we typically cover in the Level 2 Course:
Level 2H - Steady Pull
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
Level 2I - Waterstart
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather
Level 3J - Edging
- Control the riding speed by edging
- Consistent riding in both directions