Level 1 Water Lesson
The sign up form for notifications of lessons is located here: Signup Here
An IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization)certified course that teaches full size kite setup / packup, safety, proper procedures for launching your kite and entering / exiting the water and more...
The course is taught at a lake using appropriately sized kites depending on the wind speed and students size / capability.
The purpose of this class is to get the student comfortable in the water with a full size kite, able to confidently maneuver the kite to control power, perform a self rescue and to possibly start riding the board!
This is the material that we typically cover in the Level 1 Course:
Level 2F - Downwind Drag
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
Level 2G - Upwind Drag
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging